Saturday, February 15, 2014

This is only my second time to Ulta (ever!) because it is about an hour away from were I live and there are plenty of drugstores and Sephora's around, so it is rare and only on occasion when I go to an Ulta!

 I picked up 6 things in my haul today and I have already tested 3 of them out!

Item #1 - Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder in 01 Natural
    This item is for fair to MAYBE medium skin toned people, like myself, because it is a lighter color for a bronzer. I think this works awesome on my skin as a contour, I would categories my completion as ivory. This powder is very soft to the touch and smells great, just like coconut! So, if you are wanting a bronzer that smells good and don't want to spend $30 to buy Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer this will definitely do the trick.  Plus, you are getting 1.5 times the product (10 g compared to 15g) for only around 5$. Only downside is that the packaging seems not so durable and there is no mirror in the compact.

Items #2 and #3 NYX Butter Lip Balms in Red Velvet and Brownie
      I have seen these in a YouTube video (channel - Beauty Broadcast Express) and figured I'd give them a try. All they are is a tinted lip balm. They both smell like cherry candy and the packaging is just like a Chapstick, plus they have the same little feel on the skin as Chapstick. From my swatching they are what you would expect, not a ton of pigmentIon but I feel like this would be a great thing to throw in your purse or bag in case you are having a lazy day and decide you need a little color on your lips. Only 3.99 apiece.

Item #4 NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige
     This gloss is crazy pigmented! And dispute it's shade name it is really a classic, bubble gum pink color. This gloss has the smell of cherry cough syrup but I don't notice it as much once it is on the lips. The packaging is very nice and the wond has a doe foot applicator on the end. This gloss doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips and it goes on true to color. Plus it is on the less expensive end of drugstore glosses at 4.99.

Item #5 and #6 Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Velvet Rose and Silky Red
      These start out wet and drys to a COMFORTABLE matte finish. I tried velvet rose today and it goes nicely with pale skin, it is a pale pink colored cream. It did not dry out my lips and when I swatches the only one in silky rose it actually stained my hand which means that when you wear this once the product wears away your lips are still going to be stained this bright red color. These also have a doe foot applicator which makes applying these vivid colors easier.

Sorry that I only picked up two brands of products in this haul but these two brands are not sold in any stores close to home but I hope this haul was at least a little bit informative to anyone reading this! Post any Comments or Questions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment