Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weekly Likes and Dislikes Cosmetics/Makeup/perfume/fragrances

So, I was looking through my makeup collection and realized that there are quite a few products in my collection that just sit in their drawers doing nothing because I haven't used them enough (or at all) for me to have formed an opinion on those products. So what's a girl to do? I took all of the products in my collection that I haven't formed an opinion on and threw them in a basket for me to start using, Yay! Experimenting with makeup. It's been pretty scary to range out from my normal products and to try so many new things.
In this post, I am going to explain some of the products I've enjoyed and a lot more products that I haven't enjoyed, lol. So here we go! I'm going to start with my Likes Category!

LIKEs:
The NYX Rouge Cream Blush in CB07 Red Cheeks. This doesn't disturb my makeup that I have applied under my blush. It is extremely pigmented so you have to apply this lightly. I like to apply this with my fingers after I do my primers, foundation, bronzer, and concealer but before my highlighting product and pressed powder. This ranges from $6-$7. This also looks like a very natural flush if you don't over apply.
E.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. I can't speak to the water proof claim on this product because I didn't test it but the pigmentation is very nice. It's not as nice as my Stila Pen but it does a good job at $18 less than that particular product. (Product prices for $2) It does not have the ability to make a super fine line but it does well enough for me to be able to do winged liner. I have bought one before that was dried out as soon as I opened the packaging but this one is going strong after owning it for a few weeks! I use this in the shade black
Almay Intense I-Color Shimmer-I Kit in 424 Trio for Greens. This product doesn't have a mirror in the packaging, it comes with a gold, green and brown shadow: all of which at shimmery. They aren't buttery shadows but they are pigmented enough to get the job done. Even though this trio is for green eyes I really enjoyed it with my baby blue eyes and it complimented my burgundy hair color nicely. It  also comes with a sponge tip applicator in case anyone was wondering. This product sell for $6.99.

Next is DISLIKEs:
NYX AUTO eyebrow pencil in EP04 brown. I do not enjoy this at all it is a dry formula, it's hard to apply and it makes my brows like oranges and drawn on, I know I am drawing on them but I don't want it to like that way! $5
NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in 889 Extra Black. It may be called extra black but this lacks so much pigmentation. I have to apply this three times for it to even be a charcoal gray, it has a nice pointed tip but I want EXTRA BLACK not gray. $3.50+
E.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette in Seattle. The packaging is awesome, durable, nice big mirror but the product inside is terrible, beyond terrible. No pigmentation, even with a primer or water application. I had to dig my finger into the product to even get a swatch. I read reviews on the same palette in different shadows and they seem promising but this palette is awful in the shade Seattle. All you accomplish is to get flaky glitter everywhere. $10!
Almay Wake Up Trio and Primer in 020 Exhilarate. The primer in this is a thick white cream, it turns even my pale skin printer paper white! The shadows are very dry and they also flake fairly bad. This compact style product doesn't come with a mirror but it does include a sponge tip applicator. $8 it also comes with very small amounts of the product.
Last up is the Victoria Secret perfume in Very Sexy. I got a sample of this as a Christmas gift pack type thing. This morning I sprayed myself with this and it is like a mix between powdery, old lady perfume, floral tones, and musk. It has a lasting staying powder but I did not enjoy the scent, it sort of reminds me of the perfume White Diamond. Not my cup of tea guys!

So that is it! Sorry, that it has been a while since my last post but I hope this one was helpful or
enjoyable! I will take requests any time!



No comments:

Post a Comment