Saturday, March 8, 2014

All of my E.l.f. Cosmetics! Likes and dislikes!

This post is for my friend Candice Hysell who is getting into makeup! This is ALL of the e.l.f. Items for the face that I have in my collection.

FACE:
Daily Moisture Stick - $6 This product is used best for under eye touch ups, I don't find this to be a vital part of my makeup routine but if your under eyes look dry this will fix it and it has a nice cooling effect, it is also light weight and a clear gel type of lotion.
E.l.f Mineral Foundation - $5 excellent coverage but can cause issues with dry patches so moisturize if your skin isn't oily before you use this product. It is a nice medium coverage. I use this in Light and it has an SPF of 15 which is nice. It is a lot like bareMinerals powder foundation but a fourth of the price. Feels nice and light. Nice staying power.
E.l.f. Mineral Concealer in Fair. This is bad on dry patches and doesn't provide the best coverage. This is not a salmon color so it doesn't do well on blue toned dark circles. $5, I shouldn't be repurchasing this product.
All Over Cover Stick - $1 this has nice coverage in the shade Ivory, it has a slight yellow tint. This is a bit dry but it doesn't look awful on my already dry skin. This does the job for only one dollar. I also buy this in Toffee to use as a cream contour. Works very nicely but you have to apply it quickly because it sets to a smudge free state very quickly. Enjoy this a lot for the price.
Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia $3 - this is great. The blush is supposedly a dupe for Nars Orgasm blush but I don't know because I have never owned anything by Nars.  It is a nice shimmery peachy pink blush, very pigmented. The bronzer is nice for older women or to give anyone a healthy looking glow. I would be careful when using this as a contour though because it my be too shimmery for some people. Contouring is done best with a matte bronzer. Love this.
Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal. This works as a nice highlight. It is only $1. It shows up translucent, not the pink color it is in the tube. I use this on my cheek bones and my Cupid's bone.
Makeup Mist and Set - $3 I have not used this enough to see if it increases make ups longevity but I think for three dollars it's worth a shot!

My yes list:
E.l.f Mineral Foundation
The All Over Cover Sticks in your shade and also in the shade Toffee for contouring
Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal
Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia

I don't have a no list for this category because there is nothing I own that I hate but there are a few items I don't feel are MUST HAVES so....

My Unnecessary Item: Daily Moisture Stick
An item I haven't explored yet: Makeup Mist and Set
My Disliked Item: Mineral Concealer

No comments:

Post a Comment