Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Makeup and Fragrances

Today's post is on products to enhance your look and smell for spring! I will do an eyes, lips, faces, and fragrance category. I will state name, price, smell (if it has one), texture, longevity, what is is best used for, how I apply is and pigmentation.

Fragrances:

Victoria Secret's Fragrance Mist in Pure Seduction. $12, the bottle says that it smells of red plum and freesia but I think it smells like strawberry kool-aid. You can spray 3 or 4 spritzes and the fragrance will stick around most of the day without being over powering.  I really like this for a spring, day time or date night sent.

Rue21's Twenty One Black. $9.99, this reminds me soo much of a piƱa colada. This would have to be reapplied about half way through a long day to keep the scent up and this is also awesome for date night. It smells sweet and sexy, in a coconut way! Haha

Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton Fragrance Mist. $6 for the 3 fl oz size. This is a fresh linen scent all the way. This scent will last all day in the longevity category. I like this for day time when I look "relaxed" and want people to know that despited the fact I look lazy, I still smell fresh and clean.


Face: 

Maybelline BB Cream $7.50, no scent. Very light on the skin and an almost watery consistency, lasts all day without slipping off. This is a very light coverage that should be worn when your skin looks the best- minimal zits or dark spots. This works well with my dry skin and my pale complexion. 

Covergirl Tru Blend Liquid Foundation $9 Basic foundation scent. A thin cream consistency. Does great on my face for an eight hour (or longer) day. I use this when I want a little bit of additional coverage, I would say its a medium coverage, easy. 

NYX Cream Blush in CB07 Red Cheeks - $5 - no scent. Once you put this on you forget that is even there because it is so weightless. This will wear all day and sort of stain the skin. This is a product that make your blush look natural. Where this product makes your color look real it is easily paired 

with any makeup look. I apply this with my fingers lightly because it is super pigments.

bareMinerals Mineral Viel - $20 - no scent. Texture is smooth on the skin and very light. This needs to be touched up accordingly depending on how oily your skin is. I use this over foundation to mattify my skin. I apply this with a large powder brush sparingly all over my face. This product is translucent so it doesn't color correct.


Eyes: 

NYX Love in Rio Barefoot in the Sand Trio - $5 - no scent. Soft texture. This wears all day with or without a primer. I use mostly the lightest and darkest shade. I use the lightest color all over my lid, 
around my inner corner, and under my brow. I use the darkest shade in my crease. This looks best when paired with a bright lip because this trio gives a natural eye look. It is nicely pigmented.

L'Oreal 24 hr Infallible Eye Shadow in 759 Burst into Bloom - $8 - this wears all day and is best when paired with a primer that is a bit tacky. I use this all over my lid or as a pretty shade on my lower lash line for a pop of color. This is almost like a loose pigment and it is very shiney and true to color.

L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Magnolia - $1 - this wears all day. I use all three of these shades in one eye look and it reminds me a lot of the bareMinerals Quad in Happy Place. These are awesomely pigmented.

Also for Spring, find a waterproof mascara and eyeliner that works well for your!



Lips:

Soft lips with the pink cap- $2.75 - fruity scent, this works best with bright eye combos because this shimmery pale pink Chapstick neutralizes your lips natural lip color and gives them a nude frosted 
appearance, this would also work with natural eye looks. This should be reapplied every couple of hours if you aren't eating or drinking. 

Milani Color Statement in 12 Flamingo Pose - $5.50 - fruity scent, wears for several hours w/o touch ups. This is best when paired with a natural eye look because it is a very pigmented coral pink shade.

Revlon COLORBURST Matte Balm in 235 Mischievous - $6 - peppermint scent. This needs to be reapplied about every hour or so but I just love the color, it is a soft ORANGE! I don't own anything else like it. This product is another one that you should wear with a more natural eye look because it is very IN YOUR FACE type of shade. Great spring color.

NYC Smooch Proof LIPStain in 503 Unstoppable Red - $4 - no offensive scent but it smells slightly like a washable marker. This will make it about half way through the day with out a reapplication. I usually apply a gloss overtop of this because it can be slightly drying but not overly so.  I pair this with almost any eye look because it isn't as bright as the other spring lip looks. Btw idk why the shade is called red because it is definitely coralish pink color.

Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in 900 Apricot - $6 - brown sugar smell, love it!!!!!!!!! This lacks in the pigmentation department and just leaves your lips feeling smooth and looking a bit peachy. This is actually a lipgloss that they call a lip balm but regardless it needs reapplied as often 
as any other gloss would.  I use this with any eye look but this leaves the lips looking full and natural so it would make a beautiful pairing for a minimal makeup type of face. 

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 110 Cosmo - $5 - cherry fragrance big time! This is a shiny, pink, glittery gloss that has a little bit of a thicker feel on the lips but it isn't uncomfortable on the lips. I apply this all over my lips or sometimes just in the center because it makes my lips appear fuller.  This can go with almost any eye or lip look you already have going on.


 I hope this review helped someone get motivated for spring! If anyone is interested in a spring clothing blog just post it in the comment section below:))



No comments:

Post a Comment